Hi Carolin!
I`m almost cross-eyed, after spending the last 6 hours catching up on blogs from our class and from my physics class (who are in practicum right now). My cup truly runneth over--so many intriguing experiences to read about and comment on. (A quick reply to an older teacher candidate who was feeling some doubts proved helpful and that`s always a good feeling).
I`m not sure my mind is capable of taking in all that you wrote! Your thoughts about rapport strike me as very clear and appropriate. Yes, teaching looks much simpler to the students!!
Thanks for the time you spent on cultural suicide--he has a way of finding dramatic language to describe his ideas! Group pressure for things like using technology lose track of the importance of using technology if and only if it will encourage and support a higher quality of learning!!
I`m glad you see some balance between Brookfield and Loughran--very different in some respects, but working to similar ends, I hope. YES, I do try to model what I preach, glad you picked that up, not everyone does (because they don`t know how to look for it??).
Schon is a lot to take in in one go. Can you recall a puzzling or surprising event recently with the students you are teaching? Describe it briefly to me and I`ll see if I can use it as a way to clarify what I think Schon is trying to say.
Yours,
tom
No comments:
Post a Comment