Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Clarification and application to Schon & Metacognition

My apologies for slow returns on blogs.  I have just returned from a TESLconference in Toronto and now feel overwhelmed with catching up with so many commitments. Although the experience at the conference was very positive, reality has quickly set in for mundane administrative tasks.
With regards to Schon, after reading about facilitating metacognition with our students based on Loughran, it has become apparent that reflective practice is comparable for teachers.  It is my goal to become further aware of my teaching practice based on my teaching experience.

I am instantly convinced of the value behind getting students (children or adults) to think about their thinking. However, although strategies and critically thinking are immensely important, I wonder how testing/evaluating/ and assessing would be affected and would it have an impact.  I imgaine that the schools and their currciculum might look a little different if testing was not such an integral part of our learning. As well, what might our teaching look like if we could spend all of our time teaching and not testing? You have given us that opportunity in this class, to simply teach and the testing rests with us in our reflections. Unless I have misundertsood....

No comments:

Post a Comment